Tuesday, February 24, 2015
New Method for Accessing DynaMed on Mobile Devices
Where will you find DynaMed?
On each of the libraries' Web sites, DynaMed can be found under the list of databases.
What is it?
DynaMed is an evidence-based tool with up-to-date summaries of medical conditions and drug information. The summaries are tied to the literature (journal articles, consensus reports, guidelines, etc.). Besides the basic laptop version, DynaMed has a mobile version that will run on iPhones, iPads, the iPod touch, and various Android devices.
How do I download the mobile version?
1) Download the free DynaMed app from the iTunes App Store or through Google Play -- a password is required to access these "stores"
2) Once you have the DynaMed app, go to a computer where ever there is a USD connection -- the library, the SSOM, etc., and "pull-up" the DynaMed database from the libraries' list of databases
3) Click on the MOBILE link in the DynaMed toolbar at the top of the screen.
4) You will be asked for your email address. You will then be sent an email that authenticates you. Open the email from your mobile device and tap the authentication link. Make sure you are on the internet connection so that DynaMed can be downloaded.
5) A DynaMed serial number from the library is no longer required.
After installing the app and downloading the DynaMed content, the app can be used offline without a wireless signal. A wireless signal is required to perform updates to the DynaMed content when updates become available.
You can use the authentication link on up to 3 devices at a time. For additional devices, send yourself another authentication link from DynaMed.
DynaMed requires at least 500MB of memory. It will run on iOS 7.0 or higher and Android 2.4 or higher.
Please contact us if you have more questions!
Wegner Library 605.357.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org